IPL / Laser
Laser hair removal is designed to permanently remove unwanted body hair by using the light energy from a laser. Unwanted hair is a common problem in women and men. Shaving, waxing, and tweezing only produce temporary results and can generally only be carried out on relatively small areas. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light which is a non-laser system capable of producing an intense beam of light of varied wavelength. The Pulse Duration, the length of time the light beam is active, varies from a billionth of a second to many minutes, depending on the treatment.
Is it safe? Is it a permanent solution?
Studies have shown that by using the IPL treatment it is possible to remove hair permanently, furthermore up to 80% reduction in hair growth, post treatment, is achievable. A glass applicator is placed on the skin and the intense light from the Ecolite system passes through it and is absorbed by the pigment melanin, this is what gives hair its colour. The absorbed light is transferred to the surrounding cells in the form of heat and this affects the natural function of the hair producing cells, stunning their ability to produce hair.
With continued treatments the cells will become less and less effective at producing hair. The treatment is non-invasive and is safe. It can permanently remove hair quickly and is a clean way to fight unwanted hair.
What is photo rejuvenation?
Photo Rejuvenation is a dynamic non-invasive procedure using IPL to rejuvenate the skin.
The overall appearance of aging skin is primarily related to the quantitative effects of sun exposure with resultant UV damage to the collagen and elastic fibres of the skin. This results in skin imperfections such as: skin laxity, dull complexion, enlarged pores, mottled pigmentation, excessive freckling and red and brown sun spots. IPL minimises or eliminates red and brown spots, evens out skin colour and texture and minimises red or flushed appearing skin.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Set out below are the terms on which j’adore my skin provides service and products to its clients.
Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any j’adore my skin treatment.
1. Appointments and cancellations
• If you are unable to attend your appointment, please contact us immediately on 0207 183 3638 and email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to know that you wish to cancel 48 hour prior to your appointment is due. Failure to cancel or rearrange before will result in the loss of the treatment from your treatment package or deposit being redeemed.
• Please arrive for your appointment at least 10 or 15 minutes in advance. Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment. j’adore my skin will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance.
• Prior to your appointment we will inform you of any preparation required in advance of your treatment. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in cancellation of your appointment, reduced treatment time, or additional fees being charged.
• Any client who requires treatment and brings a child with them must also be accompanied by another adult to chaperone the child whilst the client is being treated. Failure to bring an adult chaperone with any child will result in the treatment being cancelled and loss of the value package treatment or deposit.
2. Deposits and payments
• To secure an appointment with j’adore my skin a deposit is required.
• A deposit of £25 will be charged to your credit or debit card at the time of booking, in order to secure the appointment and full payment will be required before treatment can commence.
• For any subsequent individual treatments up to the value of £350 a deposit of £25 will be charged and for any subsequent individual treatments over the value of £350, a deposit of £50 will be charged at the time of booking. Deposits can be used towards payment for treatment or left on your account for future treatments. Should deposits remain unclaimed by the client following twelve months of inactivity j’adore my skin reserves the right to withhold the deposit.
• Please refer to the price list on the website or your chosen j’adore my skin for any enquires or contact us direct.
3. Courses of treatments
• All treatments purchased as a course must be paid for in full in advance of the first treatment. All treatment courses must be taken within 12 months of the date of purchase; any treatments left untaken after 12 months will be forfeited.
4. Treatment suitability
• We will always assess whether treatment is suitable for you, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out. If not, we will inform you as to the reasons why. You will only be liable for the cost of the initial consultation, where applicable.
• j’adore my skin will not be liable in contract or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
• It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide j’adore my skin with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. j’adore my skin will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
• The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, j’adore skin regarding the care of treated area.
• j’adore my skin endeavours to treat all its clients appropriately, compassionately and fairly. If, however, you have an issue with any matter in relation to your treatment at j’adore my skin, you may, either verbally, by telephone or in writing feed back your concerns.
• The member of staff who initially receives the complaint will convey the details to senior management, and you will receive a email communication within two days of lodging the complaint that an investigation into the matter is under way.
• During the course of the investigation, j’adore my skin may require you to attend an additional consultation with the therapist involved in your treatment, if this is required and a resolution will be suggested.
7. refund policy
Please note we do not offer a refund on any product purchases or treatment. However if you change your mind about your purchase within 14 days, we are happy to exchange it for another treatment or offer you a credit note. This policy does not apply to products used or opened.
Note: This is a summary of the complaints procedure.