Frequently Asked Questions
Mineral Makeup FAQs
It’s important to know that anyone can be allergic or sensitive to anything. However, we have eliminated the top three sensitizers from our makeup, synthetic fragrance, most synthetic colorants and synthetic preservatives. We’ve also tested every product for sensitivity on a 50-person test panel in a laboratory. Individuals with extreme chemical sensitivities wear our makeup successfully. If in any doubt, patch-test the product on the inner-arm.
Definitely not green! Green works fine for artists working on canvas when they want to neutralize red, but it doesn’t work on the human skin. It leaves a gray, ghost-like pall, which is very unattractive. Our yellow bases will conceal redness. Our most versatile yellow base is Golden Glow, and that is our most popular color for camouflaging erythema. Warm Sienna, Warm Silk, and Amber also work well.
Either will cover the redness and give the necessary sun protection. You might want to bear in mind, however, that the new skin after laser is extremely sensitive and the fewer ingredients you have to worry about, the better. The loose powders contain less than the pressed. Our advice on lasered skin is to keep it as simple as possible.
Yes. However, the shadow of some dark bruising may show through. Try Disappear, the peach Circle\Delete or Enlighten to camouflage anything that the powders won’t. Please refer to the individual products to learn how to use them.
Yes. Because this is a light-reflective cosmetic, it obscures the look of fine lines and wrinkles and gives a healthy glow to the skin, making it look younger. Matte makeup absorbs light and allows the eye to see “into” the skin. On a very lined skin, after applying the minerals, it is helpful to spritz with one of our hydration sprays. This sets the makeup, softens lines and gives a dewy look. The technique of spritzing the sponge first and applying the minerals as a wash also helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and large pores.
The minerals can be applied immediately after a microdermabrasion or a light peel provided the skin has not been broken. They will not only cover the redness, but the titanium dioxide and zinc oxide may help to soothe the skin. It is also important to replace the protective stratum corneum (top layer of skin) that has been lost after these kinds of procedures. The stratum corneum is the body’s first defense against the sun. Application after laser resurfacing must depend on the physician’s permission, which can be from 5-12 days depending on the kind of laser and how deeply it was used. It is essential for healing skin to be protected from the sun.
Yes. Our makeup can be used with any skin care regimen. The sunscreen protection our minerals provide is especially important while using Retin-A or AHAs.
Founded in 1990 by Dr Des, Environ focused on harnessing powerful scientific research to provide the most effective skin care products available. As the pioneer in results-driven skin care, Environ became the first cosmetic product to supply vitamin A, C and other antioxidants in effective dosages in special, airless packaging designed to protect the efficacy of all ingredients.
Environ continues to be one of the most efficacious, safest skin care ranges in the world. They are a generation ahead of other companies. Environ Skin Care products are manufactured from the highest quality raw materials. Environ products are tested on human volunteers only. Being a cruelty free company, the finished product is never tested on animals. Products are first tested on Dr. Fernandes and other directors of the company, then on an expert panel, and finally clinical trials on human volunteers are conducted for years prior to market release. Each product is only released to the public once it has been shown, by lengthy clinical testing, to be effective and safe.
- Non-Fragranced, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, colorant free
- No animal testing
- extensive clinical testing for safety and effectiveness
- Highest quality pharmaceutical grade
- All ingredients are tested for effectiveness, safety and purity by independent laboratories
- Never compromised by marketing trends
- Scientific principles underlie the action of all ingredients
- High concentration of the most efficacious ingredients
- Product Line is based on varying intensities and levels of ingredients to ensure that the patient’s skin adapts in a healthy and safe manner
- Diminishes chances of retinoid and other reactions
- A comprehensive ‘“tool box” of formulations and treatments to meet individualised skin types and lifestyles
- Protective packaging prevents light, air and bacteria from degrading formulation
- Ensures that all ingredients retain their efficacy
- Shelf life is printed on inside and outside packaging to guarantee freshness and effectiveness
- Ingredients are listed on inside and outside packaging